InBg Chat Room  

Calendar  
<< November 2018 >>

M T W T F S S

In Bulgaria: Forums   

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups    ProfileProfile   ProfileMember List
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Animal Rescue - Southern Bulgaria
 Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:00 pm 
Post subject: Animal Rescue - Southern Bulgaria

I took the below link from an article on Novite and thought it worth a ''Thumbs Up''.

http://www.streetdogrescue.com/

tonytg806
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:29 pm 
Post subject:

Great work, but one can't help feeling that the major issue is educating the Bulgarians so that the problem doesn't exist in the first place.  
mestala
Matured Member
Matured Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:01 am 
Post subject:

What I'm going to say might be wrong to some on here,but I really don't give a f--k.
Example..an old lady at the top of our street has a young small/med sized bitch tied up''as usual'' to an old metal container,all open at front facing north east,so in winter gets all the bad weather.
Me being the guy I am,decided to make it a kennel.I made it with treated ply and insulated it all round,my dogs were ''jealous'' Laughing
I wasn't going to ask for anything,just give it to the old lady for the dog.I got one of my Bulgarian neighbours to take it up on his trailer.After getting the old lady out to explain we would like to give her the kennel for her dog,she didn't want to know,in fact she was quite aggressive in her reaction.Quote,''only a dog''.
This is the same woman who I helped get huge logs into her garden a few years back,because it didn't seem as if any of her Bulgarian neighbours would help.She didn't refuse that help.I have been onto the property,right or wrong, and put the dog a different collar on as the one it had on was gradually going to choke her...one of my other rescue dogs had deep cuts to its throat through nylon rope cutting into it''operation needed''.
To cut a long story short,I feed the dog and have made alterations to it's present home without her noticing,because,as I see it,if your not bothered about something,you'll not notice what's going on.
And Tony,you cannot educate people with no brain.I've had a few encounters with Bulgarians in this village about animal care Evil or Very Mad ,and I don't care what they think.
I get pissed off with the phrase,''educate'',when it comes to many a subject with people doing wrong.
The quicker some of these so called''uneducated people'' bite the dust it's one animal less that will be abused.
Rant over,thankyou for reading Rolling Eyes

benabi
All Grown Up
All Grown Up

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:21 am 
Post subject:

wish there was a "like" button for the above, well done you for caring and helping out where you can  
HomesteadHenry
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:27 am 
Post subject:

Yep, I'm afraid that the word "educate" doesn't fit. I believe that word is to do with the transfer of information and assistance to understand...all to do with the intellect. This maltreatment issue is to with stunted emotional capacity. Can't be fixed. Not in the short term, anyway. If you've been brought up to eat dogs* (for example) instead of pet them, then someone trying to tell you it's wrong is a perceived affront.
BTW--(Jones time)--can't "educate" someone into accepting ho[[[deleted--that'll be £5.50 Mrs. Jones]]] as normal either. Good word, "educate": makes it sound as though you're a teacher, instead of an opinion inculcator or propagandist. A word that can, and is being, abused. I'm sure that telling someone about the flatness of the world was at one time called "education".

*Don't like dog eaters, even more than chainers.

tonytg806
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:31 am 
Post subject:

Never realised' education' would mean I'd get flak for..... I understand the annoyance you express Mestala about the treatment of the old lady's dog. Nothing wrong with being interactive and helping the dogs but the long term answer must surely be to change attitudes. Think slavery, female emancipation, smoking. We get there eventually, but it takes time.....  
CountryGirl
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:01 pm 
Post subject:

Thank you, MW, for spotlighting this. I have had a situation similar to Mestala's, which caused me to do an online search for dog rescue groups in BG. At the end of last year our neighbors turfed out one of their dogs. I don't know the reason, but was very grieved as I watched this dog wander around the neighborhood, obviously not being fed. We were away for a month, during some of the coldest temps BG had this winter. I wondered if I would return to find a frozen, emaciated corpse. However, the dog survived. It is now nowhere to be seen for the last several weeks. I am relieved; I don't want to know what became of the dog. I just imagine that someone "kind" took it in. This is one of the crummy realities of life here. Sad  

Last edited by CountryGirl on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
mestala
Matured Member
Matured Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:02 pm 
Post subject:

Tony,I'm not aiming any flak at you,far from it.If I didn't put it plainly enough,I meant it's the ''old school'' Bulgarians that you cannot get through to,that's why I said about the younger generation seemed to be the ones who are taking more interest and care,these are the ones who have upped and left village life. Smile
By the way...never had a slave,never smoked,only other peoples,and as for equality,if someone can do the exact same job as someone else=same pay,no problem...just to add,going off subject, when Williams and co start to play 5 set at Wimbledon,they can have equal pay,sorry ladies,but that's how I see...cake and eat it job Wink
Laughing

sonnyb
All Grown Up
All Grown Up

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:54 pm 
Post subject:

Mestala you have summed it up perfectly! You can't cure stupid but you can educate the youngsters Tony.  
tonytg806
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:36 pm 
Post subject:

I was actually thinking of the youngsters, who on earth would try and educate older people Rolling Eyes Laughing !  
mestala
Matured Member
Matured Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:37 am 
Post subject:

Laughing Wink  
Janus
In The Prime
In The Prime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:53 pm 
Post subject:

I admire anyone who goes out of their way to try and make any animal's life better so a big thumbright to you mestala.

It is unfortunate but cruelty like this happens in all countries (yes, even the UK). The state of many dogs I have dealt with when involved with Dog Welfare associations in the UK, Germany and Turkey has been an eye opener and you always think you have seen the worse but you never have. In most countries the kennels are full of dogs that need rehoming but still breeders churn out more and more but that is another subject altogether!

Nightowl
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:17 pm 
Post subject:

+1

Well done Mestala. I hate some of the sights I see in the villages concerning the way animals are treated.

mestala
Matured Member
Matured Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:46 pm 
Post subject:

Janus,I know it goes on all over the world,including the uk,thing is I won't stand still and watch animals mistreat,humans too.What you cannot see you cannot act on.
I'm not an animal rights activist,and much to the surprise probably of many is that I don't disagree with eating all kinds of animals,as long as an animal doesn't suffer and is dispatched humanly,''like me'', one day that's ok,and not endangered, Wink
I've seen farmers neglecting cows,eg with over grown hoofs to the point where they had real difficulty in walking,''uk'',so obviously some farmers in the uk need educating Wink
Well I've got 6 waggly tails,the dogs,not mine Laughing for life,whose will last longest rests with him up there Wink Smile
Smile

tonytg806
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:49 pm 
Post subject:

mestala wrote:
Janus,I know it goes on all over the world,including the uk,thing is I won't stand still and watch animals mistreat,humans too.What you cannot see you cannot act on.
I'm not an animal rights activist,and much to the surprise probably of many is that I don't disagree with eating all kinds of animals,as long as an animal doesn't suffer and is dispatched humanly,''like me'', one day that's ok,and not endangered, Wink
I've seen farmers neglecting cows,eg with over grown hoofs to the point where they had real difficulty in walking,''uk'',so obviously some farmers in the uk need educating Wink
Well I've got 6 waggly tails,the dogs,not mine Laughing for life,whose will last longest rests with him up there Wink Smile
Smile

Nice Smile !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> Thumbs Up! All times are GMT
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Page 1 of 2