InBg Chat Room  

Calendar  
<< December 2018 >>

M T W T F S S

In Bulgaria: Forums   

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups    ProfileProfile   ProfileMember List
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats cooking
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 127, 128, 129  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> The In Bulgaria Bar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:55 pm 
Post subject:

I'm having a Billy No Mates BBQ and looking forward to it albeit, I think I put too many trees on the fire and it could be dark before the coals are ready. How do folk type on small mobile devices. I'm mainly guessing the text.  
Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:52 pm 
Post subject:

Moscow_Wolf wrote:
How do folk type on small mobile devices....

Should be easy with no mates to distract you, Mr Wolf.... Wink

Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:27 pm 
Post subject:

Seedy wrote:
Moscow_Wolf wrote:
How do folk type on small mobile devices....

Should be easy with no mates to distract you, Mr Wolf.... Wink

Nothing to do with being on my own, but even the dogs couldn't see the small text either and it is like typing with 10 Walls Sausages instead of my usual nimble fingers.

My burgers and sausages were very nice thank you and I thought to myself, a nice long hot shower is in order and a change of clothes. So, after my feeding chores of the sheep, fish, dogs and cats and of course myself, off I go into the shower room and spent 10 minutes letting the hot water wash the filth off me until I noticed that my feet were below water level.

I put my finger down the drain hole and pull out another clump of the Wife's entangled hair, but the water don't go down... I turn off my water, pull my shower curtain to one side to find the centre bathroom floor flooded as water has backed up via that second drainage hole. Of course, I don't have a bath towel wide enough to go around my midriff and stay in place so there I am naked, pumping the plunger with the wet bath mat over one hole, the plug in the sink and holding a sponge in the overflow of that.... 20 minutes later, I get the water to finally go where it should, but there is still a blockage and I'll need to wire it through tomorrow or even get the compressor down there. Fortunately, I did put inspection pits into place so can get access to the out pipe in the yard.

So, best laid plans of mice and men again. I'm more sweaty and pished off that I was before I went for my nice hot shower. Rolling Eyes

zoomzoom
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:15 pm 
Post subject:

You don't have a towel big enough to go round your midriff?
You're not turning into Walkage, are you? Wink Laughing

Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:31 pm 
Post subject:

zoomzoom wrote:

Noooo, if I was, I would need a roll of carpet. Wink

For the Man that has everything, I'm missing one large Bath Towel and have to suffice with a mere hand towel when the big one is in the wash. I am going to rectify the problem tomorrow or Friday when I am in Burgas and get myself an Egyptian/Turkish 100% cotton 600gm, Bath Sheet - so there. Rolling Eyes

zoomzoom
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:44 pm 
Post subject:

Moscow_Wolf wrote:
zoomzoom wrote:

Noooo, if I was, I would need a roll of carpet. Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:50 pm 
Post subject:

Compressor in the shower, Mr Wolf? Surely a good Vindaloo would work even better? Wink

Cliff
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:10 pm 
Post subject:

I've just looked around the corner to see why I've been summons to make custard. H.I. has just removed a perfect looking home made gooseberry pie from the oven.
I'm off ...

Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:15 pm 
Post subject:

Cliff wrote:
I've just looked around the corner to see why I've been summons to make custard. H.I. has just removed a perfect looking home made gooseberry pie from the oven.
I'm off ...

BIRDS or the real stuff? Wink

Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:14 pm 
Post subject:

Moscow_Wolf wrote:

I assume you're referring to Ambrosia, Mr Wolf? Wink

Incidentally, Lidl do a pretty decent custard substitute (assuming one likes REAL custard, that is... Wink )

Lidl Custard

Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:45 pm 
Post subject:

Anyone into ''Sous Vide''? I had a salmon cooked/steamed in a bag yonks ago in Spain in a restaurant that had 1 Michelin Star, but I had no idea back then, how it was cooked, but came across this yesterday and the idea of a perfectly cooked steak does very much appeal albeit, it is rather an expensive layout.

https://eu.anovaculinary.com/

Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:05 pm 
Post subject:

I tinkered with it a while back, Mr Wolf, courtesy of a chef mate, but decided that it was something that I wouldn't use enough to justify the outlay - you also need the kit to bag it up reliably and a reasonably "proper" bath to heat the nosh up in, not to mention the time factor.

I eventually plumped for "modern-day" pressure cooking, in the guise of the InstantPot - an electric pressure cooker which does away with all the guesswork/temperature juggling/timing etc that the old pressure cookers used to inflict on you. It also does a bunch of other things (sauté, rice cooking, steaming, yoggie making, slow cooking and more) - in fact it is so useful that I bought three of the blooming things, so I can cook veggies and desserts at the same time as a separate main course. Even cheap cuts of meat come out great in a very short time and it's just set-and-forget; you can even fit a pretty big whole chicken in, or loadsa ribs or a mass of fresh or frozen corn on the cob - or whatever you feel like.

The Anova seems to get some mixed reviews but even without that I'm not sure it's worth the dosh, especially when you factor in all the other gubbins that you need for the job.

PS I also have three Tefal OptiGrills - they're also very good, in my opinion... Wink

PPS Do read the hilarious one-star Amazon reviews of the InstantPot - they're full of cretinous "I can't drive, so my new car's no use" and "I ought a used one but they sent me a second-hand unit" opinions from the intellectually-challenged... Wink

Last edited by Seedy on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:10 pm 
Post subject:

Seedy wrote:
I tinkered with it a while back, Mr Wolf, courtesy of a chef mate, but decided that it was something that I wouldn't use enough to justify the outlay - you also need the kit to bag it up reliably and a reasonably "proper" bath to heat the nosh up in, not to mention the time factor.

I eventually plumped for "modern-day" pressure cooking, in the guise of the InstantPot - an electric pressure cooker which does away with all the guesswork/temperature juggling/timing etc that the old pressure cookers used to inflict on you. It also does a bunch of other things (sauté, rice cooking, steaming, yoggie making, slow cooking and more) - in fact it is so useful that I bought three of the blooming things, so I can cook veggies and desserts at the same time as a separate main course. Even cheap cuts of meat come out great in a very short time and it's just set-and-forget; you can even fit a pretty big whole chicken in, or loadsa ribs or a mass of fresh or frozen corn on the cob - or whatever you feel like.

The Anova seems to get some mixed reviews but even without that I'm not sure it's worth the dosh, especially when you factor in all the other gubbins that you need for the job.

PS I also have three Tefal OptiGrills - they're also very good, in my opinion... Wink

Useful info that Mr. S and I think you have mentioned the Instant Pot in the past and even offered help in getting me one, but I forget now. How much does one have to outlay on your system and where are they ordered from with an EU 2 Pin Plug?

Speed reading brought me to the wrongful conclusion that you have 3 Tearful Bear Grylls. Wouldn't be so bad as at least he'd eat your slugs. Wink Rolling Eyes

Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:31 am 
Post subject:

They're around the £120 mark right now, Mr Wolf - sadly, the offer I was urging on you has now really expired (the UK agents didn't adjust their website and the code remained valid for around six months after the deal was supposed to end Wink) Amazon is currently the best place to buy one and they also have good deals on accessories (including the InstantPot sous vide attachment). For some bizarre reason, the UK distributor sells the accessories, and sometimes the units themselves, on Amazon for less than on their own site.

Other companies offer similar kit but InstantPot offers the best bang for your buck and they've thought the product out well.

Don't worry about the lead: unlike most appliances these days they don't chisel a few extra pennies by giving you a stupidly short lead and, even better, it's a PC-type kettle lead; useful for those of us with boxes of the darned things. You could always buy one on Amazon Germany at a straight £forEuro price, saving an extra few pennies and getting a Shuko lead into the bargain....

Cliff
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:38 pm 
Post subject:

Moscow_Wolf wrote:
Cliff wrote:
I'm off ...

Original "Birds" with fresh (almost) milk.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> The In Bulgaria Bar All times are GMT
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 127, 128, 129  Next
 Page 128 of 129