InBg Chat Room  

Calendar  
<< November 2018 >>

M T W T F S S

In Bulgaria: Forums   

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups    ProfileProfile   ProfileMember List
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Formula 1
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> The In Bulgaria Bar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walkage
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:20 pm 
Post subject:

Well it did turn up a few surprises and also a bit of favouritism I think.. Confused

Where is VM when I need him Mad

Cliff
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:26 pm 
Post subject:

It was probably the best GP we will see for a while. Very embarrassing for Mercedes.  
scasparz
In The Prime
In The Prime

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:06 am 
Post subject:

Wonder why LH was not asked to give position to DR having run all his four wheels off track during the chicane incident. On lap 60 Roseberg did exactly the same this time on Alonso and gave him the track position he gained back without the stewards or his own engineers intervention. In NR's case this was the obvious thing to do. Which in the case of LH it was not, a clear case of double standards.

And as if this by itself has not been enough Lewis could very well cause an avoidable accident by effectively blocking DR on his exit, while DR had already his front wing aligned with his rear tyres. Was not the first time Lewis is involved into this kind of behaviour, in each case he could be penalised yet some 'higher' force protected him from being so.

Couple all these with the RB's miscommunication between their command post and the garage, being separated by one full floor' at Monaco, a demonstration of how Newtonian gravity can affect a multi million team's operation and I truly wonder what else am I going to be told. In the end it is not clear whether RB even bothered to refer Lewis to the stewards. Why should they? They got Spain while this one was Merc's as usual.

Eppur si muove.

walkage
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:09 am 
Post subject:

The more I see of the above the more I am convinced Politics plays a huge part in F1. I agree with the above - but Q - why was NR's car so slow - odd - Oh and LH won the GP which gave his side of the garage a 'much needed boost' - funny that.. Confused Wonder if NR's car will suddenly find it's speed for the next GP.
Over at Red Bull - DR complained about Spain and golden boy MV won....so this time round did RB mess up the pit stop to teach DR a lesson about - don't complain - or am I delving too deep.. Confused Didn't work though - but we shall see..

Cliff
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:05 pm 
Post subject:

walkage wrote:
The more I see of the above the more I am convinced Politics plays a huge part in F1. I agree with the above - but Q - why was NR's car so slow - odd - Oh and LH won the GP which gave his side of the garage a 'much needed boost' - funny that.. Confused Wonder if NR's car will suddenly find it's speed for the next GP.
Over at Red Bull - DR complained about Spain and golden boy MV won....so this time round did RB mess up the pit stop to teach DR a lesson about - don't complain - or am I delving too deep.. Confused Didn't work though - but we shall see..

Makes one wonder if it was a race we were watching or a soap opera malee
Sad

scasparz
In The Prime
In The Prime

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:55 pm 
Post subject:

Unfortunately very true.

Regarding politics, Rosberg supposedly goes for the championship, seems he is currently Merc's driver of preference much like Lewis has been up until last season. Yet he did not play politics and gave track position back without much ado. Is this supposed to be a demonstration of self confidence?

On the other side Lewis looks rather uninterested with F1 these days, he already has three titles, his chances appear lesser, yet stewards have provided him with an obvious favour. In the end was it really necessary?

Am not trying to present Roseberg as the good guy and Lewis as the bad one, nice guys do not survive in F1, point is I fail to follow such politics have they been so. It is I just cannot comprehend it.

Not DR's fan, but I really felt for the guy for he was robbed of a much deserved if not rare victory in our days, both by the stewards as well as by his own team. What a bunch of clowns.

This is getting a bit farcical, isn't it?

scasparz
In The Prime
In The Prime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:46 pm 
Post subject:

So we had another demonstration of the famous Lewis trademark move, this time not even considered for investigation by the stewards, not to mention this time having been perfected to not simply defend his position but to effectively ruin the race of his competitor. We also had Ferrari obviously handing victory to Merc as if they were unable to claim it on their own, plus the usual RB tyre blunder on DR during his pit stop.

In short this has been just another routine race.

walkage
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:10 pm 
Post subject:

Quite agree.......what's better on the CV - 4 times World Champion as a driver - or a first time WC - so Hami gets away with murder.. Mad  
larkins12
In The Prime
In The Prime

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:19 pm 
Post subject:

nice to see that the Azeri's have at long last resurfaced the roads around Baku. Smile even if its only the grand Prix circuit, the hill down to the main straight would have destroyed most cars at any speed over 30Kph.  
Cliff
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:59 pm 
Post subject:

A disaster for Hamilton but I'm sure he was not giving 100%. Too many extra curricular activities maybe. With a show like that he doesn't deserve a Mercedes drive.  
walkage
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:20 pm 
Post subject:

I was impressed by Riccardo and also Kvyat being 7th - well 6th - out qualifiying Sainz by many places - possibly he has now settled down and showing his potential - only the race will tell the final result for all... Smile  
Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:25 pm 
Post subject:

walkage wrote:
I was impressed by Riccardo and also Kvyat being 7th - well 6th - out qualifiying Sainz by many places - possibly he has now settled down and showing his potential - only the race will tell the final result for all... Smile

Me thinks that you went on the razz in the village and missed the Baku race - am I right? Rolling Eyes

I saw some of it and was disappointed to see the Brit in 5th place, but there again, I don't even know from which pole position he started. What is the score with Button, he seems mediocre?

scasparz
In The Prime
In The Prime

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:13 pm 
Post subject:

Oh boy, it is getting worse.  
walkage
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:55 pm 
Post subject:

O quite agrre - bollocks springs to mind and Hami is the favourite boy.. Mad  
scasparz
In The Prime
In The Prime

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:13 am 
Post subject:

From my perspective, initially NR attempted in a rather clumsy manner to execute his own version of the Hammy blocking move, which I have seen so many times being executed by LH to the extend it appears to be the de facto way to defend a position our days. To which LH responded by ramming NR with his car. Both moves have been in a plain open way, no attempt made to hide them somehow.

Silly me believes both drivers had to be DSQed, if not for any other reason just for being a disgrace to the 'sport'. Where was Charlie Whiting at the time of the incident?

When TV ratings are on a free fall, while everything we have tried so far to their rescue has failed, a few controversies could help in the sense they could promote F1 again as the talk of the town, despite this happening for the very wrong reasons.

As it goes selected drivers will be allowed to carry firearms and use them against one another.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> The In Bulgaria Bar All times are GMT
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92  Next
 Page 89 of 92