InBg Chat Room  

Calendar  
<< August 2018 >>

M T W T F S S

In Bulgaria: Forums   

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups    ProfileProfile   ProfileMember List
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Skripal Conspiracy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cliff
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:52 pm 
Post subject: The Skripal Conspiracy

Time for some of the knowlage members to comment.
The lastest claim is that the Skripal's were posioned by means of their front door knob. Can any reasonable person, May and Johnson aside, really belive that the likes of the KGB would use such a hit and miss method to try to assasinate its foe when it has some of the worlds 'best' hit men at its disposal.

The big question is, if the UK's aqusations prove to be false, what happens to 300 diplomats, do they have return tickets Smile Question

With a bit of luck it may be the end of Johnson.

Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:36 am 
Post subject:

If any members are really "knowledgeable" about the full details of the case I imagine that Uncle Vlad has paid/persuaded them enough to keep quiet about what they know Cool

As for the Doorknob Theory, it's possible that what has (or hasn't) been found there might well have been transferred from Skripal's hands. I'm surmising that he was probably the intended target and that his daughter was perhaps more collateral damage, albeit useful nonetheless for putting the frighteners on others in a similar position or just considering talking out of turn.

In regards to BoJo, I'd recommend a very large brass Victorian-style door knob, liberally smeared with a variety of toxins (excluding the ones that only work on intelligent life-forms) and then rammed firmly where the sun don't shine.... Evil or Very Mad

tedthered
In The Prime
In The Prime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:16 am 
Post subject: Re: The Skripal Conspiracy

Cliff wrote:
Time for some of the knowlage members to comment.
The lastest claim is that the Skripal's were posioned by means of their front door knob. Can any reasonable person, May and Johnson aside, really belive that the likes of the KGB would use such a hit and miss method to try to assasinate its foe when it has some of the worlds 'best' hit men at its disposal.

The big question is, if the UK's aqusations prove to be false, what happens to 300 diplomats, do they have return tickets Smile Question

With a bit of luck it may be the end of Johnson.

Cliff, I agree, first it was on the boot lid, then in the suitcase, now on the front door, why use a nerve agent that there is no guarantee it would hit the right target, Grenfel, the NHS, and the paedophile investigation are now hardly mentioned, but the press are attacking Corbyn for perceived anti semitism, just typical tory party and the right wing press muddying the waters big style

Cheers

Ted the Red

Your mind is like a parachute, it works best when open

Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens

scasparz
In The Prime
In The Prime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:25 am 
Post subject:

Am sorry to say, but still I have failed to see any concrete evidence in Skripal's case. Looks like as a matter of fact they did something horrible on him, yet the British authorities seem clueless on what this has been.

In any case, it is my understanding the guy was a traitor of his country and as such he fully deserved his fate. In my book there is no mercy for traitors whether Russians or Greeks or whatever. Some remember Leonidas in Thermoplyae, as well as Ephialtes who betrayed him to Xerxes. What is lesser known is that the Spartan Intelligence known as Κρυπτεία (the hidden ones), and yes they employed such a service, traced him down successfully and eventually killed him. Have they been unfair? Well I do not think so.

In the end, given Skripal was employed by the British Intelligence as a double agent, shouldn't the British authorities provide him with competent protection given FSB's record of dealing with traitors such as Litvinenko as well as others long before him?

I mean, you do not have to be a genious to realise some day Skripal would be targeted and finally he was. Isn' t this a gross MI5 flop which they now appear clumsily to whitewash by causing all this unnecessary diplomatic havoc? Which in any case, in the face of diplomatic reciprocity they cannot win. In the end this is really getting childish. I guess FSB must be laughing with their MI5 colleagues and with a reason.

Do not take me wrong, I take British Intelligence as highly regarded, yet occasionally even them screw up.

Then again others may believe they have not.

Zee
Toddler
Toddler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:09 am 
Post subject:

My understanding is that once intelligence agents have been swapped there is an unwritten 'hands off' rule. Assassinations on foreign soil by another govt. have been pretty much a no-no since Cuba. No one does it. Except Putin.

You may well be correct that May and her incompetent ghouls are just jumping on the latest bit of intelligence and publicising it, rather than waiting for the agencies to properly pin it down but it's pretty clear who did this, regardless of the actual mechanics of the poisoning.

The British do not go around poisoning agents resident in Russia. Neither do the Americans. The fact that this 'hit' has collateral damage makes it even worse.

So, Scasparz, no sympathy for your view in this corner I'm afraid.

scasparz
In The Prime
In The Prime

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:02 am 
Post subject:

zee to begin with I have nothing for sale here, hence not looking for sympathy in my views mate. Not in a position to know of any unwriten ‘hands off’ rules, as am not in the intelligence sector. But how many Russian double agents have to be ‘consumed’ before we realise -as you did- the obvious? Which is that Putin is not bound by any such ‘rule’. Whether he does well or not is a matter of opinion, point is this is what he does. Everyone knows this it seems, but the MI5.

While May is responsible for orchestrating this pathetic expulsion campaign, it was the MI5’s responsibility to protect the Skripals and they seem to be the only ones caught by surprise there. There is a name for this and it is sheer incompetence. Had it been such, it would not be the first time. For example the public execution of de Menezes had been much worse.

Now had this case ended with the Skripals in the hospital, I would agree with you on that ‘it is pretty clear who did this’. However given the subsequent escalation with serious on-going ramifications it would be silly to ignore alternatives. For instance what if the Skripals were purposefully left without protection, while it was so plain obvious they would be targeted? Then it must be the MI5 laughing with FSB rather than the opposite. And what if this has been a false flag operation? More laughs there. I do not claim Putin to be innocence’s raw model, but then again who else is?

Do not get me wrong, there is nothing Ι know you do not. However it is my understanding, govs comprise out of politicians and politicians do lie. Well, most of the time.

Whether they are Russian, British, American or whatever does not mean anything to me.

Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:20 am 
Post subject:

There may well be more to this saga than we are being told - or will ever know - and we'll have to wait for more "information" before we can make a definitive(ish) judgement. Of course, our conclusions will also be coloured by our own convictions and preconceptions, which is undoubtedly what the perpetrators were counting on. Cool

On the topic of "traitors", I've never subscribed to My country, right or wrong jingoism and believe that "betraying" those who claim to speak for a whole nation or who have decided what is in "the country's interests", when they behave unacceptably, is not only the right of a citizen but indeed his duty. It seems that Putin has become rather comfortably off - to put it very mildly - by equating the interests of Russia with those of Swiss banks. Whether Mr Skripal'sown actions were motivated by idealism or money is another question, of course.

On the balance of probabilities, and with the limited data available to us, I'm still of the opinion that it was Uncle Vlad, with the nerve agent, in the UK but the Cluedo jury's still out for the time being... Wink

Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:11 pm 
Post subject:

This thread is so riveting that I found myself dipping into my ashtray instead of my biscuit box and that, is a truthful and a useful analogy of just how close facts can be sugar coated and distorted to be consumed as sweet biscuits by the general public when you could be chewing a sour cigarette butt.

I don't really wish to repeat myself (but will), about my service time behind the iron curtain in the British Embassy in the Soviet Union from 1982-84 or, my commercial return post Gorbachev until they finally denied me a full Resident Status back in 2009 and why I am here.

Now, does the UK (MI5/6) wish to send out a message that 'hey, come on, defect, we will guarantee your safety' only to allow Russian agents or their proxy to poison and kill their 'traitors' on foreign soil and why only in the UK - don't the Yanks have some defectors too - is their security better, do the Yanks make a scandal in their national press or does Trump slap a 'D' Notice equivalent on any such and after all, America has been slowly poisoning the world quite legally through such commercial assassins under the guise of McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken to name but a few of their murdering food chains, but try proving it with any conviction albeit, YOU KNOW IT RIGHT?

So, back on the Chess Board - Putin quite conveniently made a Televised interview a week or so before the Russian general Presidential election and before our Russian KGB Defector was even known to the general public that, 'one thing he wouldn't tolerate was betrayal' or words to that effect and they were very effective in my opinion.

So, the general opinion now seems to be and most probably swayed by the Press, WHO's I couldn't say, but they are suggesting that the whole affair is a smokescreen orchestrated by Prime Minister May to deflect away from the UK's internal/external problems such as BREXIT. Now, please come on, she may be somethings, but she is no Leopoldo Galtieri likely to attack some remote south American island that nobody cares about (unless you think you own it), to deflect your voters away from your own internecine problems.

Okay, enough already, it is late, I want to sleep, my dogs want the sweet biscuits, but not the sour cigarette butts but in summary - Putin orchestrated the whole thing - he got his man and a warning is enough, no need to kill and he got even higher ratings in the Presidential Election Polls due to the UK's attack on him meaning we attacked Russia and if one thing the underdog always does, that is to club together.

Porton Down knows the exact potion used as it was given to them years ago and is why they developed the antidote. Now, are we supposed to give the murder weapon back to the murderer for them to ''analyze'' and distort the facts?

I perhaps wouldn't sound so cocky and confident in my opinion IF it wasn't for the fact that I had to go for tests back in 84/84 to check that I wasn't contaminated as it was deemed that the KGB/GRU had contaminated the steering wheels of our Lada cars with radioactive dust so that they could trace our movements ON DOOR KNOBS and wherever. I was cleared, but still glow in the dark and cannot really believe that my tracks are not leaving some well known sign.

Just my opinion of course.

MrsJake
All Grown Up
All Grown Up

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:03 am 
Post subject:

Mr Wolf, I am so glad you have posted this! Both the media and people's general opinions have been driving me mad as none of them make any kind of sense (imho) when they argue about who did what etc, but through your experiences with Russia you have put into words what I could not. You have, in a very brief, concise manner, said what I think but which I get shot down for saying in public (on FB etc). Thank you for your voice of reason.  
Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:30 am 
Post subject:

MrsJake wrote:
.... what I think but which I get shot down for saying in public (on FB etc)....

Well, one thing you know for sure: you, probably, won't get shot down here for slagging off Uncle Vlad.... Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> Media Coverage All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1