InBg Chat Room  

Calendar  
<< November 2017 >>

M T W T F S S

In Bulgaria: Forums   

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups    ProfileProfile   ProfileMember List
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting reading
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJON
All Grown Up
All Grown Up

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:34 pm 
Post subject:

Seedy wrote:
JJON wrote:
It seems that some people just can't bare to think of themselves as economic immigrants. Smile

For the emotional stability of my neighbours, I personally try to bare myself as little as possible these days, at least in public. There are many definitions of "economic migrants" - a lot of them both politically-loaded and very handy to "prove" that black is white, especially when viewed through rose-tinted spectacles.

Since you, I imagine, have no idea of the reasons why people happen to have chosen to live in Bulgaria, for example, and likewise know nothing of their financial circumstances, it seems a gross impertinence and arrogant presumption to think that you know why they happen to have chosen to settle here. They may indeed be here for the purposes of stretching their pensions or buying the kind of property that they couldn't afford "back home" but to trot out some silly Googled "definition" to demonstrate that this shows some sort of equivalence between someone exercising their legal rights and another person who illegally invades another country in order to lie even about how old they are, where they are from and what they have come for is simply childish.

As the macho characters in what passes for entertainment these days would say: "Is that all you've got?" Cool

Steel your self Seedy. It may come as a bit of a shock, but there's a whole world of social media outside this forum, and as someone who has spent the past year conversing with and reading thousands of posts I think I have a pretty good idea of why most people come to BG. Can you say the same about the refugees you're so quick to label? No, I didn't think so. Maybe you'd like to revisit your comment about 'gross impertinence and arrogant presumption' Smile : And while we're here, who mentioned illegals? Oh, you did, while conveniently forgetting the million or so who are in the EU legally Rolling Eyes

As for your 'trot out some silly Googled "definition", that is how the Cambridge, Oxford and Collins dictionaries define an economic migrant. I'll take their word over that of 'some bloke on the internet' any day Smile

And please, no more of your drama queen antics about terrorism. I've worked in London for 30 years and currently work in a high-risk building. When there is a security alert the biggest worry is getting to the pub before the building is locked down (sadly I missed out last time). The latest atrocity happened just metres from where I work and spend my lunch breaks, and while people are obviously saddened about what happened, we don't make a drama out of it - we're more likely to get killed by a car or a dodgy bagel than a terrorist. I can only assume that your lack of British backbone is the result of you being the model immigrant, integrating into Bulgarian life, adopting it as your homeland and losing your British identity - all the things you'd no doubt expect of other immigrants (especially those who don't get to call themselves expats Smile ).
Now, if you want to drone on about terrorism and barbarism, as you've already pointed out it's been done to death on this forum so I'll leave you to it. I'd be far more interested in peoples' opinions on the original subject, the demise of Bulgaria's population.

Last edited by JJON on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
JJON
All Grown Up
All Grown Up

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:45 pm 
Post subject:

Tabbul wrote:
JJON wrote:

Economic migrant: a person who moves from one region, place, or country to another in order to improve his or her standard of living.

So by that definition someone who moves from Bolton (place) to London (place ) for a better paid job, is an economic migrant?

I would say you're being a little simplistic and ignoring the reality, conveniently!

It's called internal migration.

zoomzoom
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:18 am 
Post subject:

I agree with JJON in that some people do come here for cheap houses and a cheaper way of living but we shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush and people coming here from the UK is totally different to what was initially being spoken about. Either he can't see that or is deliberately lumping the two things together. People who come here from the UK don't get free housing, benefits, free healthcare, given mobile phones etc.
As it seems he is trying to defend non-EU citizens in their droves going to the UK, I wonder if he thinks it is right for those living on benefits to be given one and two million pound houses in London, which most UK citizens could only dream of (or in my case wouldn't live in London if I was paid to, even though I was born there and used to work there).

JJON
All Grown Up
All Grown Up

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:41 am 
Post subject:

zoomzoom wrote:
As it seems he is trying to defend non-EU citizens in their droves going to the UK...

As you seem to be just making stuff up for the sake of an argument, I'll ignore the rest of your comment.

JJON
All Grown Up
All Grown Up

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:50 am 
Post subject:

zoomzoom wrote:
but we shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush

My initial comment was to show that I believe the aspirations of those who come from outside the EU aren't any different to those within who migrate to another country, both are looking for a better life. How you can see this as 'being tarred with the same brush' is beyond me. Rolling Eyes

zoomzoom
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:48 am 
Post subject:

JJON wrote:
zoomzoom wrote:
As it seems he is trying to defend non-EU citizens in their droves going to the UK...

As you seem to be just making stuff up for the sake of an argument, I'll ignore the rest of your comment.

Laughing Laughing Thanks for the laugh but as you take things out of context as you did with both comments below my post, there is obviously no point in discussion.

JJON
All Grown Up
All Grown Up

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:43 pm 
Post subject:

zoomzoom wrote:
JJON wrote:
zoomzoom wrote:

Laughing Laughing Thanks for the laugh but as you take things out of context as you did with both comments below my post, there is obviously no point in discussion.

Feel free to point out where I have 'defended non-EU citizens in their droves going to the UK'. Or just carry on making things up. Smile

zoomzoom
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:37 pm 
Post subject:

You keep accusing me of making things up. Laughing So I take it you do not watch the news and bury your head in the sand. I am also not sure which part of the comment below you did not understand.
zoomzoom wrote:
as you take things out of context as you did with both comments below my post, there is obviously no point in discussion.

JJON
All Grown Up
All Grown Up

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:47 pm 
Post subject:

zoomzoom wrote:
You keep accusing me of making things up. Laughing So I take it you do not watch the news and bury your head in the sand. I am also not sure which part of the comment below you did not understand.
zoomzoom wrote:
as you take things out of context as you did with both comments below my post, there is obviously no point in discussion.

Ah, so you can't point out where I've 'defended non-EU citizens in their droves going to the UK'. Glad we cleared that up. Smile

zoomzoom
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:16 pm 
Post subject:

Talk about going round in circles. I didn't point it out because according to you I was making it up about non-EU citizens. Laughing Sorry but that does make me laugh.
Of course, no non-EU citizens come to the UK legally or illegally. They don't destroy their ID documents so officialdom don't know where they have come from. They don't lie about their age so it they can claim they are children and not adults. They don't rush lorries, cars and ferries at Calais & Dunkerque. Maybe it is time you lived in the real world. Head and brick wall come to mind. Rolling Eyes

Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:54 pm 
Post subject:

JJON wrote:
....there's a whole world of social media outside this forum, and as someone who has spent the past year conversing with and reading thousands of posts I think I have a pretty good idea of why most people come to BG.

...I'll take their word over that of 'some bloke on the internet' any day Smile

You're quite right, of course: who in their right mind would listen to 'some bloke on the internet' when they could listen to some other bloke on the internet? Rolling Eyes It's good to know that someone can get
Quote:
a pretty good idea of why most people come to BG
by trawling (or should that be "trolling"?) the internet; just what percentage of the thousands of New Bulgarians would you say completed your exhaustive questionnaire and what ratio were self-delusional losers/dreamers? I don't doubt that you have some idea about why some people choose to make their home here but methinks you are flattering yourself if you seriously you believe that you have a clue about what brings "most" people here. My take is that a lot of people don't really know why they're here - or why they stay - and of those who do, many certainly wouldn't care to admit it, even to themselves.

JJON wrote:
.....no more of your drama queen antics about terrorism. When there is a security alert the biggest worry is getting to the pub before the building is locked down (sadly I missed out last time). The latest atrocity happened just metres from where I work and spend my lunch breaks, and while people are obviously saddened about what happened, we don't make a drama out of it - we're more likely to get killed by a car or a dodgy bagel than a terrorist....

I feel safe in saying that that is amongst the more stupid things I've read from 'some bloke on the internet' and even safer in saying that the surviving victims and families of those killed in the terrorist atrocities around Europe would probably beg to differ from such vacuous nonsense. Doubtless a good dose of other-cheek-turning, candle-waving and silent vigils will soon send those Jihadi Chaps scuttling away in abject terror; a bit of tolerance and a few "Refugees Welcome!" signs will suffice to weed out the undesirables and ensure that only Deserving Cases will be allowed to settle in England's Green And Pleasant Land. Unfortunately it appears that rather too many of them have taken that particular poem to heart, especially the bit about "Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand"...

JJON wrote:
I can only assume that your lack of British backbone is the result of you being the model immigrant, integrating into Bulgarian life, adopting it as your homeland and losing your British identity - all the things you'd no doubt expect of other immigrants (especially those who don't get to call themselves expats Smile ).

Might I, not particularly respectfully, suggest that you leave the assumptions to those with the intellectual equipment to handle that particular job? In any case, I have not the faintest idea what your bizarre reference to lack of British backbone is supposed to convey, other than that you have perhaps drunk too deeply of the Kool-Aid. Rolling Eyes

JJON wrote:
Now, if you want to drone on about terrorism and barbarism, as you've already pointed out it's been done to death on this forum so I'll leave you to it. I'd be far more interested in peoples' opinions on the original subject, the demise of Bulgaria's population.

Sorry - can you just remind me who actually brought up the subject of migrants? Here's a hint for you if your memory isn't what it used to be:
JJON wrote:
The bit about the migrants comes from the deputy PM who, I'm guessing, has as much as much say as Nick Clegg during the UK coalition Laughing I can't imagine that his views are representative of BG?

Exactly what the is connection between the aspirations of illegals when they climb fences, board inflatables or threaten truck-drivers and those of EU citizens who choose to reside in another EU state is a little unclear. Who gives an aerial fornication why someone does something illegal and anti-social? We can perhaps, given time and resources, analyse what makes an individual do such things but when we are dealing with millions at a time there is no excuse for delay or kid-glove handling of what are simply invaders. One might well feel sorry for them but then one also feels sorry for a rabid dog just before it is shot.

Could you be a little more specific about ".. the million or so who are in the EU legally"? I assume that you're talking about the "refugees" who've swarmed over the EU borders in the last year or two? Funnily enough, when I last tried to swan across Europe without an documents (not being an illegal I couldn't seem to find anyone willing to flog me any fake IDs) I was informed that "JJ says it's okay - wink,wink" apparently wasn't that day's password.....

Anyway, it's always nice to have someone to "debate" with, even if they apparently have nothing sensible to say but nonetheless expound on that nothing at great and inane length: please keep waffling on but do excuse some of us if we lack the time to do justice to the pearls which you so kindly cast before us.... Cool

Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:02 pm 
Post subject:

Maybe we need more of These "Refugees"? Somehow I don't think we'll be seeing many of THEM in Bulgaria.... Cool

Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:17 pm 
Post subject:

Seedy wrote:
Maybe we need more of These "Refugees"? Somehow I don't think we'll be seeing many of THEM in Bulgaria.... Cool

I see that as a good thing personally albeit, I am in the wrong business. Rolling Eyes

Seedy
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:05 am 
Post subject:

It's also interesting reading, albeit hardly surprising to those with even half a brain, that the latest terrorist outrage was carried out by a "legal refugee" who has been abusing the trust and hospitality of the UK.

Leaving aside how stupid someone must be to mess up such basic chemistry*, it's also interesting to note how Politically Correct Plod had this "boy" on their radar but still allowed him to carry on with his half-cocked "Make a bomb in the kitchen of your Mom" project.

Even better, if you or I were to do things which endangered our neighbours or the country we'd be banged up pretty smartly; if you're a doddering do-gooder (making a nice little earner from looking after "vulnerable" so-called kids into the bargain) you get a PC Halo and an MBE. As CG might say: "Go figure!" Rolling Eyes

*Try googling the "manual" for making these WMDs: you'll be baffled by how easy it is to find it and amazed how someone could be stupid enough to screw it up.... Don't worry, it really is pre-GCSE "Chemistry" - I was making "bombs" over 50 years ago that put this rubbish to shame. .Cool

Moscow_Wolf
Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:41 am 
Post subject:

Seedy wrote:
It's also interesting reading, albeit hardly surprising to those with even half a brain, that the latest terrorist outrage was carried out by a "legal refugee" who has been abusing the trust and hospitality of the UK.

Leaving aside how stupid someone must be to mess up such basic chemistry*, it's also interesting to note how Politically Correct Plod had this "boy" on their radar but still allowed him to carry on with his half-cocked "Make a bomb in the kitchen of your Mom" project.

Even better, if you or I were to do things which endangered our neighbours or the country we'd be banged up pretty smartly; if you're a doddering do-gooder (making a nice little earner from looking after "vulnerable" so-called kids into the bargain) you get a PC Halo and an MBE. As CG might say: "Go figure!" Rolling Eyes

*Try googling the "manual" for making these WMDs: you'll be baffled by how easy it is to find it and amazed how someone could be stupid enough to screw it up.... Don't worry, it really is pre-GCSE "Chemistry" - I was making "bombs" over 50 years ago that put this rubbish to shame. .Cool

Yes, your Farts are legendary albeit, nobody could accuse you of talking out of your posterior. What happened 50 years ago - a Right Coup perhaps. Exclamation Idea Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Bulgaria Forum Index -> Media Coverage All times are GMT
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Page 2 of 4